First of all I want to wish everybody a healthy and successful 2013! That all your wishes may come true! Same as last year I want to have a moment and look back at the exceptional System Center 2012 year.
Again 2012 was a superb year for me, it was the year of…
- January: The release of Configuration Manager 2012 RC2 hits the market in January, same as the P2V Migration Toolkit and the Package Conversion Manger.
- February: A movie of the preview release of the Setup Commander comes online. Later this year in October I was able to test the beta1 version of the Setup Commander. If you ask me, is the year 2013 going to be a big year for Setup Commander!
- March: My book Mastering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager went on presale and the first sample chapters were released to the public. How exciting!
- April: Attended MMS in Las Vegas where System Center 2012 was launched and on the 1st of April, Microsoft awarded me with the Microsoft MVP award for System Center Configuration Manager. What an honor!
- May: Ohh yeah, my book Mastering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager is released and available in the stores. After almost a year of hard work it is finally finished and available.
- June: The month of TechEd Europe where I met again lots of fellow MVPs and Configuration Manager Experts. Also the month of the release of ENGL Driver Manager 3.0, a cool tool that allows you to manage your drivers within Configuration Manager 2012. This month is also the month of the first announcements around SP1 for Configuration Manager 2012.
- July: Started the Facebook page for ConfigMgr Blog, did you like the page? Like us and win one of the five “System Center 2012 Configuration Manager: Mastering the Fundamentals” books from fellow MVP Kent Agerlund, which I contributed to.
- August: Cumulative Update 1 for Configuration Manager 2012 was released. With the release of Configuration Manager 2012 Microsoft switched to the Cumulative Update release cycle.
- September: Holiday time, so time enough to test the publicly released beta of Configuration Manager SP1 update. With the release of this beta, more and more information comes available about the new features that come with Service Pack 1. SP1=Cool 🙂
- October: the month of October was the month to dive into the XenApp Connector for Configuration Manager 2012 and see how the XenApp Deployment Type will work in the Application Model. More blogs about this connector to come in 2013. Also delivered an article for the Windows IT Pro magazine.
- November: November was a busy month 😉 We organized a SCUG Configuration Manager day with Wally Mead which was a great day. The Cumulative Update 2 for Configuration Manager 2012 was released and this blog got a new domain name (ConfigMgrBlog.com) and a new look.
- December: working on a chapter as a contributing author for a new book from Santos Martinez and Brett Bennett, called Configuration Manager 2012 Pocket Consultant which will be released in 2013.
Besides the mentioned highlights mentioned above, the year 2012 was really a Configuration Manager 2012 year. I was able to design, implement or migrate a lot of Configuration Manager 2012 environments which made my working life very exciting 🙂 I think that the year 2013 will be even a better Configuration Manager 2012 year with the release of Service Pack 1 early 2013 and the ability to manage your clients in the could from your Configuration Manager 2012 console.
Thanks for reading my blogs and giving feedback, hope to see you again this year! The ConfigMgr community rocks!